TÜV SÜD Certificate No. Z2 004938 0001 Rev.00
The TÜV Solar Kit and System Certification scheme represents a milestone in the solar industry since it is specifically designed and aimed to address a variety of quality as well as safety-related issues associated with PV sub-assemblies. This will signify enhanced safety and reliability of solar kits and PV power generating units in their actual application.
As for the main tests, they cover the entire functionality and compatibility of the systems with their key components, which are: PV modules, inverters, mounting systems, DC Disconnects, PV wiring, connectors, and safety labeling. As a standard, each sub-component has been individually certified by TUV SÜD or equivalent certification agency prior to its inclusion in the new kit certification. Furthermore, each system has been verified for design and technical documentation and includes production monitoring at the factory level. Production monitoring includes annual on-site inspections.
The certification mark applies to solar kits and photovoltaic (PV) generating units. The solar/PV systems are used for various applications such as the electrification of private homes and commercial facilities, but not, however, for solar thermal systems.
BASIS OF CERTIFICATION:
The certification mark is awarded within the framework of voluntary testing and certification. The TÜV SÜD test standard was developed by TÜV SÜD′s solar experts. Certification covers testing of the main components of a system. Depending on the Systems′ applications, certification covers testing and examination of PV modules, PV inverters, PV wiring, PV installation, PV batteries, design and technical documentation. Solar kits and PV power generating units which are awarded the certification mark underwent full testing and are suitable for the application and use defined by the manufacturer.
KEY WORDS OF THE CERTIFICATION MARK:
Assembly kits for assembly by users following the manufacturer′s instructions. Within the scope of the certification, TÜV SÜD carried out comprehensive product tests.
Certified PV power generating unit
The system was tested and certified as a photovoltaic power generating unit (excluding thermal applications). Depending on the application in question, the system may comprise various components, such as batteries etc.
The individual photovoltaic modules were tested and certified.
Balance of system
Balance of system (BOS) covers all components of a photovoltaic system with the exception of photovoltaic modules, including cabling, switches, an assembly system, one or more solar inverters, batteries and charger.
Design & technical documentation
The systems certified by TÜV SÜD Product Service were assessed for their system design and their technical documentation, including safety instructions.
The voluntary certification mark with the statement “Safety tested” is issued for products, indicating that the product was tested and certified by the independent third-party organisation of TÜV SÜD Product Service for conformity with the essential technical safety requirements.
Periodic surveillance and/or monitoring of the manufacture of a product constitutes the basic premise for certification that includes the award of a certification mark. Certification always requires product testing and regular factory inspections.
As a third-party expert organisation, TÜV SÜD Product Service verifies that the manufacturer is able to maintain consistent quality in line with the requirements throughout high-volume production and has established the necessary quality system, including incoming goods inspections, lists of materials and final product testing.
In addition, calibration of the necessary measuring and monitoring equipment must be ensured. Surveillance and/or monitoring covers the testing of safety-critical components and other materials used. If unauthorized changes are made to the product, the certificate will become invalid and the TÜV SÜD certification mark may no longer be used.
More information can be found here: TÜV Solar Kit and System Certification
Verification can be found here: TUV Certificate Explorer (Please search certification number: Z2 004938 0001 Rev.00)
TÜV SÜD Standards Include:
- IEC 60364-1 provides the rules for the design, erection, and verification of electrical installations conducting to provide safety of persons, livestock and property against dangers and damage, which may arise in the reasonable use of electrical installations, and to provide for the proper functioning of those installations. IEC 60364-1 applies to the design, erection, and verification of electrical installations such as those of residential, commercial, public, and industrial premises (other inclusions apply) up to 1000VAC and 1500VDC.
- IEC 60364-7-712 is part of IEC 60364 applies to the electrical installation of PV systems intended to supply all or part of an installation. The equipment of a PV installation, like any other item of equipment, is dealt with only so far as its selection and application in the installation is concerned. The object of this document is to address the design safety requirements arising from the particular characteristics of PV installations. DC systems and PV arrays in particular, pose some hazards in addition to those derived from conventional AC power installations, including the ability to produce and sustain electrical arcs with currents that are not greater than normal operating currents.
- IEC 61215 covers the parameters which are responsible for the aging of PV modules including UV, temperature, humidity, and mechanical loads.
- IEC 61730 safety qualifications cover multiple parts including the design and construction requirements for the PV modules and application & safety class qualifications.
- IEC 62109-1 and IEC 62109-2 cover the particular safety requirements relevant to DC. to AC. inverter products as well as products that have or perform inverter functions in addition to other functions, where the inverter is intended for use in photovoltaic power systems.
- PPP 59029A testing covers mounting systems stability for various environmental conditions (heat, cold, dry, wet, etc.) and testing for corrosion resistance and long-term durability performance (endurance testing with outdoor field conditions, temperature change examination and moisture-heat examination).
- IEC 62446-1 defines the information and documentation required to be handed over to a customer following the installation of a grid-connected PV system. It also describes the commissioning tests, inspection criteria and documentation expected to verify the safe installation and correct operation of the system. It is for use by system designers and installers of grid-connected solar PV systems as a template to provide effective documentation to a customer.
- EN 60947-3 applies to switches, disconnects and fuse-combination units to be used in distribution circuits of which the rated voltage does not exceed 1000VAC or 1500VDC.
- EN 50618 is a European Standard that applies to low smoke halogen-free, flexible, single-core power cables with cross-linked insulation and sheath. In particular for use at the direct current DC side of photovoltaic systems, with a nominal DC voltage of 1500VDC between conductors and between conductor and earth. Such cables are designed to be used with Class II equipment.
- EN 50521 is applicable to Class A connectors (EN 61730-1) for photovoltaic systems with rated voltages up to 1500 VDC and rated currents up to 125 A per contact.